Industrial Training (ITS) is a scheme designed to provide financial assistance to undergraduates or trainees undergoing training at their chosen business organisation.
ITS enables employers to obtain financial assistance to sponsor student(s) from a university, college or training institution for a practical training at their premises. This helps provide them with exposure to real-life work experience and enable them to gain an understanding of the norms and ethics at the workplace, which in turn, will support them in becoming skillful workers in the future.
HRD Corp Support:
-Monthly allowance capped at a maximum of RM500/month/trainee
-Personal Protective Equipment (1 set only)
-Insurance Coverage (if any)
-Financial assistance based on 20% of the levy balance when the first application for the year is submitted
Application Procedure & CRITERIA:
-Employers may submit their application via e-TRiS under ITS.
-Applications must be submitted by employers to HRD Corp for approval, before interns start their training at the employers’ premises.
Required Supporting Documents:
-Confirmation letter issued by the university, college or training institution that outlines the specific duration of the programme
-Confirmation letter issued by the employer to the trainee to attend the industrial training programme; and
-Programme structure with the objectives, learning outcomes and weekly course schedule for the entire duration of the training.
1. Login to your Employer’s eTRiS account.
2. Click on Applications.
3. Click on Grant.
4. Select Apply Grant.
5. Select ITS from the Scheme Code drop-down menu and click Apply.
6. Fill in the required information in the Employer’s Profile section and click Next.
7. Fill in the required information in the Details of Supervisor section, click Add, followed by Save and Next.
8. Fill in the required Course and Programme Details click Add, followed by and Next.
9. Fill in the required Trainee Details and click Save and Next.
10. Fill in the required Estimated Cost for Training Scheme and click Save, followed by Next.
11. Fill in the required information, attach all supporting documents, click Save, followed by Submit Application.
12. Applications that have been successfully submitted will be reviewed by the Grants Officer within two (2) working days. The Grant Officer may also request further information, clarification or supporting documents if and when necessary.
13. The application status, including approval, will be updated on the employer’s eTRiS Dashboard and Inbox. Employers will also be notified via email.
for more information.